Thursday, February 20, 2014

Theme 21 - Date



It had been 3 days since she had been waiting for him to ask her out. She was looking for a hint since they day both of them started taking part in common discussions on a public group. She thought of messaging him but, what stopped her was the balance of the society.
- Rohan Bapat


Its 2:00am. Suddenly, cell phone rings. Everyone was sleeping, Rhea receives the call.
Kartik had arranged a beautiful date on the terrace on her birthday. He said, "I knew it’s your Birthday and I was busy in arranging our date". She smiled with tears in her eyes as she saw the place for date..
- Khyati Jain


Doctors had declared his departure to heavens in a few hours. Helplessly lying on a bed in the ICU, he asked the nurse what date it was ?
To his surprise, it was his birthday.
Finally, the prediction came true, when he saw his son standing with the WILL instead of a birthday cake.
- Lokesh Dugar


Out of all 365 days of the year he awaits only for September 2nd and why not, it was 'HER' birthday.
The day when she is the happiest one and that is why he is the happiest one too.
00:01 HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVE.
- Nayan Pandya


She was getting anxious. Yet excited. After all this time, and all this pain, she was going to see the love of her life.
After all, her delivery due date was coming up.
- Harshit Bhatnagar


While eating ice cream she asked him- "Are we dating each other?”
He replied with a witty smile - "What do you think?"
She replied “Yes! You are handsome, I am gorgeous. We tune with each other well..” He said okay!
After a moment, they exchanged a look and said "nahhhhh" together and broke into laughter.
- Sanchi Bahrani


Just like few other love stories, after talking on texts, on 6th June'2010, we talked for the first time.
You started with "Hello" & ended with "Your smile is my smile."
Corners of my lips turned up & cheeks got the shade of pink.
I always felt our story is different & every time you just proved me right.
- Rashmeet Kaur Bedi


They just had a fight, their relationship was never defined. She was madly in love, fallen head-over-heels for him. Walking into the famous restaurant a reporter asks, “Sir, is this your girlfriend?” He replied: “I don't have a girlfriend. But I do have a date that’d be mad at me for saying that.”
- Smit Patel


My mind tailspins the eerie question what could have happened if that Date of November would not have come. It would be committing blasphemy every time I leaf through the coming dates of my life book. It opened my heart and I couldn't have asked for the better.
- Shanu Nagori


Reviving old memories, I still remember that day when I was young and I had asked my elder brother “Bhaiya, what's this date?” and he had brought some dates and said this is what a date is!
"Date with Dates" How crazy we were!
- Ankita Methwani


She was of a collector of memories.
A CCD's bill of 2nd July.  A movie ticket of 19th July.
Zaffron's lunch check of 28th July. Theater passes of 9th August.
She had all these souvenirs intact.
But today, 16th August, she smiled wide, giving up.
How would she preserve the memory of their kiss?
...of her first kiss?
- Priyanka Dharamsi



It’s 20th. Oh crap! How could I be so careless! Shit! She’s going to kill me.
Nikhil, pull up your socks, you are a dead man today!
I need to call her…
It’s ringing, ringing, ringing.
Oh damn! She isn't picking up now!
Why? Why am I so bad at remembering the dates!
- Mohit Kalra


'Go with the cliché', he decided at last.
Booked a limo; wore a tuxedo; bought lilies; picked some chocolates; opened the car door for her.
His little girl slided into the car for her first prom date.
- Priyanka Agrawal


14th Feb 2014, newly married, they reached a hotel in Mumbai.
On waking up, she saw herself in a big house with red lit decoration and low toned gazal music. She thought it was a surprise until she saw a man walking into her room..
Where was her man? Wait! Was that a hotel?
That date changed her fate...
- Shashank Mehta

"Oye khajoor!!! Will you marry me? If yes, then meet me at beach before sunrise." I asked her on a call at midnight.
My childhood friend, she came, held my hand, hugged me tight, sun was rising and that wave took us away.

.
.
.
My first date 26th December 2004.
- Gaurav Salvi




Second Entries:

He ran far enough. He hid deep enough. But this was not going to help him anymore. He knew he'd have to face them.
So, to get free, once and for all, he set up a date with his innermost demons.
- Harshit Bhatnagar


23 comments:

  1. Pri, I was left with a huge smile! :D
    Bhatnagar, your second entry is toooo good. :)
    Smit, Sanchi, Ankit: I like the humor element in your stories.

    Great stories guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bhatnagar dada: I know its early.
    But esse hi chalta raha to I won't be surprised to hear that you got a call to write for some renowned magzines or something.
    1 jagah to placement pakka hai boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lokesh... Totally different.. Beautifully drafted... :)
    Priyanka... Dil se likha... ;)
    Sanchi... U left a big smile on my face :):):)
    Mohit... Mast yaar bhai... it actually happens ;)
    Harshit... Liked t second one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the Priyanka 's, agarwal and Dharamsi, fantastic work. Too good! :)
    Smit, loved it ! :)
    Rohan badiya likha bhai! :D

    Good work all around people! :D

    ReplyDelete

  5. Ankita ... Happened to me as well .. :P
    Rashmeet ... Awesomely written ...:)
    Shashank ... Extremely hatke bhai, lajawaab .. _/\_
    Smit ... Amusing .. Liked the humor ... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Your story was sweet awww types :)

      Delete
  6. Every story yaar... :) reading all the stories second time...
    Rashmmet... Smit... Great work guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shashank.. I agree with Lokesh urs was lil hatke.. :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks piyu and shashank.. :)
    Piyu, lokesh, harshit : Superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing stories we have here. I liked them all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your second story, Harshit :)
    Sanchi and Smit, loved the way you treated the theme, a little pinch of humour.. :D
    Pri, some memories can't be stored in a box.. You took me back in time.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete