Sunday, February 16, 2014

Theme 17 - Travel


Same job. Same people. Same place. Every day. Every day I long for the day when I can just pack up my bags and go away...away with someone....to travel because to travel is to live...to go in a different world where u can fall in love with your life all over again!
- Gunjan Virwani


She wanted to dangle her feet in cold waters with the sun shining over-head. She wanted to walk with the moonlight. She wanted to write, sitting on park benches.

She wanted to fly, all by herself.

She wanted to travel, and eventually, fate took care of it...

She indeed, is a happy person.
- Charu Rawat


There are some kinds of people who travel each and every corner of this city, they are flying, diving, traveling, and exploring the world.
I find myself different, I do nothing; I just sit in one of those corners of this city and dive into myself, traveling and exploring equally.
- Disha Joshi


A journey of the outside world runs parallel with the beautiful inner world. The former journey of exotic places includes fun, new people, adventures and a willingness to discover a new path.
And, the latter follows the road of memories of loved ones down the lane from yesterday to today and making new ones for tomorrow!
- Sanchi Bahrani


I met a person on my way to Delhi. He was not bothered about the place he wanted to go but his excitement for the route, for the people he was going to meet and of course for the natural beauty was all over his face. I learnt that more than destiny journey becomes important.
- Khyati Jain


"Hello mumma, it’s me! My handbag has been stolen and I lost my everything – my cell phone, cash, ATM card. This call? A kind lady allowed me to use her phone.."
..And that was my first experience of travelling alone.
- Divneet Kaur Walia


Traveled in all directions known to man ... Beyond the language barrier present everywhere, everyone understood the curve of lips as a smile, which was duly reciprocated ... And tears as a sign of sorrow & pain, with which everyone sympathized...

The question arises... Are we different? Aren't we ALL just HUMANS??
- Lokesh Dugar

Terrified with the fighting passengers on the subway in New York, she hailed the black cab of London and ordered the cabbie to cruise away. But the ubiquitous rain bored her. 
Getting out, she ran inside the pizzeria in Naples and devoured a large pizza.

Books were her best means to travel the world.
- Sahiba Bhatia


It's been 3 years. He sees his family every day, every hour, every minute of his life. But they can't. Tries to talk to them, but they can't. Helpless, and in rue, he lives on with only a single thought in his head.

If only he could travel back in time, and not suicide.
-Harshit Bhatnagar


"Get in! The doors won't stay open forever" said the Conductor. "Really", she thought, "should've made it in time, but couldn't. And see, here you are, sitting in this goddamn bus." The bus suddenly came to a halt near a florist selling roses. And then, the smell & the emotions got too nauseating for her to handle.
- Rohan Bapat


Road, time, places, memories, history, earth, you, me. . .
All’s travelling but ain't reaching, that's the beauty of the swirl!
- Mehul Newaskar


The horrified images from her narration were dancing in front of his eyes. Her painful voice and the endless tears made his heart melt.
All he wanted, at the moment, was a time travel to wipe out the traumatic experiences her girl has gone through.
All he wanted was to embrace the pains that tainted her journey.
- Osheen Shrivastav


"I saw you at Christmas Eve in the same local and from that moment my heart has been craving for more of you, I may sound psycho but can I have your number?"
Confused! Scared! Baffled! “Panvel! My station! Bye!"
Unable to take him off her head, she smiled… "Not psycho, MAD is the word!"
Next day, same train. "Merry Christmas! It's 98276*****"
Dancing!
- Nayan Pandya



Travel once meant excitement. Now it’s a dilemma. From one side it’s a nightmare and from other its meeting loved ones after a long time. Every time I am in this dilemma, I get to know myself better.
It’s not just the wind that passes by but clouds of my thoughts also make their way out.
- Piyush Kumar


Embarking on yet another journey, to yet another destination... Travel was really the love of his life. Airports, bus stations and train platforms were a familiar place for him. Every face giving him a new story, each new co-passenger a potential friend! Why was this one so different? Why were there tears in his eyes?
- Smit Patel


They took the train to office together every day. She got down at Andheri and he at Santacruz.
Since the blasts, he can't imagine travelling by train anymore; without her..
- Priyanka Agrawal




Disappointed with self, he decided to travel to find out his passion.
After 12 seals stamped on his passport, worn out shoes, several cabin tags and with high Dopamine release, he realized that 'Travelling' was his real passion!
- Paridhi Mahendra


I kept my CA Final course books aside. Why? Why out of all the things I could have opted… I chose these books??
Bored, irritated, and wishing something different for the future; simultaneously worried about the uncertainties… I started thinking.
For the first time, my heart & my mind were travelling in the same direction. In search of my destiny…
- Shashank Mehta


Three steaming mocha mugs, early morning in the hotel bed and lots of ha-ha’s and chuckles. Yes, finally the gang of three girls was on their first trip together. A long weekend holiday in Goa surely had lots of high-spirited-food-loving-snappy moments in store for them! And oh, yes! Memories for a lifetime.
- Apoorva Ranka


The train was just taking him to Delhi, to his job.
But sitting on that window seat and looking out at the stretches of the fields, his mind had started to travel to destinations untouched, destinations he had always just dreamt of.
- Priyanka Dharamsi


बचपन के हर एक पल को हर इंसान उत्साह से जीता है
मगर फिर जवानी आते ही नौक्रि की फ़िक्र, फिर घर की फ़िक्र, फिर बुढ़ापे में मौत के बाद की फ़िक्र..
हम शायद सफ़र का मज़ा तभी ले पाते है जब मंज़िल की फिक्र ना हो..
जैसे बचपन..
- Gaurav Salvi


Second Entries:
He loved to tell stories. Every summer, he would study every minute detail about one city. When the school started, he had a new story to share with his friends. He traveled through his imagination.
- Priyanka Agrawal

The school was a two hour walk from home. The everyday travel spoke of his passion.
- Priyanka Agrawal

He would pack his bag and leave for the road. Always to a place where the world couldn't reach to him, in search of something he'd only read of. He traveled to find peace.
- Priyanka Agrawal

She was blue blooded. Travelling wasn't appropriate for a lady. Home-schooled, she wrote of the world she had never seen.. The paper and the quill were the world and words were how she traveled..
- Priyanka Agrawal



True! 25 stories... :D

14 comments:

  1. Shashank.. :D How I wish I could do that!
    Sahiba Bhatia.. So true..

    Everyday this gets better to read!
    So happy to be a part of it now..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hv uploaded a video on my fb profile ... Check it out

      Delete
    2. Haan ye dekha hua tha pehle... How I wish.....

      Delete
  2. Awesome stories by everone..! Cheers guys..! :-)

    Shashank - tune to dil ki baat bol di yaar ;)

    Nayan, harshit, sahiba, priyanka agrawal, smit, piyush..! Good one guys..! :-)

    Mazza aa gaya sabko padhke :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a boring schedule of hours of studies... This 55 words story writing challenge is really fascinating ... Reading thoughts of so many minds on a same topic at a single place is enjoyable... Thnx everyone for this refreshing time you all provide ... Thnx priyanka for your hard work ...
    :D I completed all this within 55 wrds ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Chinmayee.. ;) actually only U can understand wht we R going through :)

      Delete